From NLG Systems Wiki
- System Name: VM-GECO-II
- Short Description: VerbMobil Generation Components (II)
- URL: http://www.dfki.de/pas/f2w.cgi?iuic/vmII-e
- System Builders: Finkler
- Development Period: 1997–2000
- Languages: German, English, Japanese
- Domain: appointments
- Theoretical frameworks: HPSG, TAG
The generation component VM-GECO-II is based on declarative knowledge sources, such that the processing mechanisms can be used for several target languages. Just as in VM-GECO-I, the principle of off-line preprocessing is used to guarantee the consistency of knowledge sources of several generation components as well as to increase efficiency during on-line processing. For each target language an HPSG is used as basis for syntactic generation and is preprocessed off-line into a TAG.
This is an orphaned system without any bibliographic references!