From NLG Systems Wiki
- System Name: MNLG
- Short Description: NMLG: Multimodal Natural Language Generation module
- System Builders: Piwek
- Development Period: 2003–2003
- Languages: English
- Domain: animated interfaces
- Theoretical framework: mixed
DescriptionNECA MNLG is a fully implemented Multimodal Natural Language Generation module. The MNLG is deployed as part of the NECA system which generates dialogues be-tween animated agents. The generation module supports the seamless integration of full grammar rules, templates and canned text. The generator takes input which allows for the specification of syntactic, semantic and pragmatic constraints on the output.
The input is processed in a pipeline that consists of the following modules in this order:
- A DIALOGUE PLANNER, which produces an abstract description of the dialogue (the dialogue plan).
- A MULTI-MODAL NATURAL LANGUAGE GENERA-TOR which specifies linguistic and non-linguistic real-izations for the dialogue acts in the dialogue plan.
- A SPEECH SYNTHESIS MODULE, which adds infor-mation for Speech.
- A GESTURE ASSIGNMENT MODULE, which controls the temporal coordination of gestures and speech.