From NLG Systems Wiki
- System Name: InDiGen
- Short Description: Integrated generation from declarative grammar-semantics-goal specifications
- URL: http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/cl/projects/indigen.html
- System Builders: Striegnitz, Gardent
- Development Period: 2000–2001
- Languages: English
- Domain: general
- Theoretical framework: TAG
- Forerunner: SPUD
DescriptionThe goal of this project is to develop an integrated approach to discourse and sentence planning which captures the interaction of discourse marker selection, ellipsis, and discourse structure. This project will focus on (a) empirical investigations and the formalization of the corresponding linguistic and non-linguistic constraints, and (b) the declarative modelling and implementation of those constraints by means of first order logic theorem proving and expressive concurrent constraint languages.
The system used to have an online demo at http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/cl/projects/indigen/demo/.
- ↑ Striegnitz, K. (2000). Pragmatic Constraints and Contextual Reasoning in Natural Language Generation: a system description Saarbrücken: University of the Saarland, Computational Linguistics. Bib
- ↑ Claire, G., & Thater, S. (2001). Generating with a Grammar Based on Tree Descriptions: a Constraint-Based Approach. Paper presented at 39th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Bib